Tuesday 18 January 2011

Happy New Flu.

I've been quiet. I've been ill.

I wrote this (post below) while ill last week but didn't post it, I'm not sure why, perhaps I was too ill, anyway, I just found it and thought it needs to be posted... I am already writing a more healthy sounding one...!

I am so sick of being ill. I came down with the flu 10 days ago, and I'm still full (this feels a literal description) of the coughs, the aches, the icky feeling and sinus blocked head. The temperature (which peaked at 105) at least has started to return to non sickening heights, and I'm no longer cloaked in sweat, which is nice. The hallucinations were good - once I thought i was a large capsule of drugs, that the walls were curtains, and I'm fairly sure I saw the grim reaper in there too. Yeh, it's been a pretty bad illness.

When people say they've had the flu, chances are they are most likely exaggerating the description of a cold, unless they describe similar symptoms. Generally sparking (so the nurse on the nhs help line told me) people get flu only a few times in their lives. It's pretty debilitating, a strong virus that attacks your system ruthlessly. There's a whole bunch of people saying " you know it's flu when; if there was a £50 note on the floor, on the other side of the room, you wouldn't go and pick it up.' well I have to tell you, you could have put a thousand pounds *just* out of reach and I wouldn't have even blinked. I probably would have thought that I was hallucinating and it belonged to the grim reaper, or that it was about to evaporate anyway. Maybe I would have stared at it a bit, undoubtedly finding it more interesting than the daytime TV which, I had to turn off in the end for fear it was damaging my fragile, flu addled brain even further, preferring instead to sit in silence, than see any more wretched sofa, insurance, blind, or conservatory adverts.

Well I'm sorry this is a very moaning post, not much to it. Just, well...you'd moan too...if you had flu.


Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment